- Al-Quran (The holy book of Al Islam) and As-Sunnah (the practices and teachings of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him), shall constitute the governing principles of DAT.
- RELIGIOUS SOURCES (in descending order of authority):
- The Quran
- The Sunnah of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)
- The Ijmaa’ (Total consensus of the Sahaba)
- The legacy of the four renowned scholars of Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence – Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Shafi’I, Imam Malik, and Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal).
- The legacy of the pure Islamic doctrines and practice of Ahlus-Sunna Wa Al-Jama’ah.